Sharing the Gospel with the People of Waterford
- Lange termijn
- Ferrybank, Waterford City
- 2-5 years
Do you love meeting and talking with new people? Do you have a heart to share the gospel with those around you? Would you be willing to be salt and light in a community where many people have lost faith in Jesus?
If so, then this opportunity may be for you.
We are looking for two people to work alongside a small team at the Ferrybank church plant in Waterford.
Your role will be to build relationships and share the gospel in the local community which can be achieved through hospitality, evangelism and discipleship. You will also lead the church in this outward direction, equipping and encouraging them in gospel outreach. This role could be done bi-vocationally (alongside a paid job), which may help you get to know others in the community.
The church plant in Ferrybank, on the suburbs of Waterford City, has been faithfully reaching into the community since 2010. In a culture which places a high value on relationships, we are a church family who seeks to show the welcome extended to all in the gospel of Christ. We are a small church with a big heart and are currently seeking God for renewal and a new chapter in reaching out.
- You are someone who loves Jesus and loves people
- You are committed to the gospel and passionate about reaching out to the community with the gospel
- You have a good understanding of the Bible and the gospel, as well as of mission in a culture that is increasingly secular and post-Catholic
- You are able to teach others the Bible in a way that encourages and equips them to reach out
- You are able to work well as part of a team
- You are patient and persistent, as well as being flexible to follow where God leads
Duration: 2 years or more